What is Neck Pain?
A bridge between a person’s torso and head, the neck brings motion to one’s head, consists of several vertebrae, and is supported by many ligaments and muscles. An individual will experience neck pain when the muscles, joints, and ligaments in the neck are inflamed or irritated. The neck pain condition can range from minor to debilitating. Common symptoms include:
- A neck that feels stiff, offering a reduced range of motion
- Overall tenderness and soreness
- Stabbing or sharp pain
- General soreness or tenderness
- Radiating pain, starting at the neck, and leading to the head, shoulders, arms, and fingers
Neck pain can be caused by sleeping in the wrong position, injuries, whiplash, or simply poor posture. Regardless of the reason, it should be addressed immediately, as it can be a serious condition.
How Can Orange Wellness Help?
Chiropractic care can help relieve and manage the pain and swelling that neck pain brings. Regular appointments offer a non-invasive and safe alternative to over-the-counter pain medications and prescription drugs, which are often things that patients reach for to help with symptoms of the condition.
Below are some added health benefits when it comes to neck and chiropractic care:
- Decreased discomfort and pain
- Enhanced flexibility and range of motion
- Reduced inflammation
- Improvement in activity and lifestyle